How to Access the Tigerpaw Pricebook from within SDA
Accessing the Tigerpaw Price Book from within SDA
You are building a quote in SDA and want to access parts and services that exist in your Tigerpaw price book
Considerations before you start:
- Remember that adding the Tigerpaw integration will give you another price book option – it doesn’t remove or replace the SDA price book.
- You will want to decide what source to use as the master for your pricing. Pricing can be determined by the Tigerpaw price book, the SDA price book or your manufacturer configurator tool (by means of checking the ‘Get Pricing from Import File’ box at the top of the Write-In tab within an SDA quote). Considering which source is the most up to date for your users is a good practice and place to start.
Administrator’s Steps (on SDA Manager Machine)
- Connect Tigerpaw to SDA by using the AddTigerpawConnectionInfoToSDA.xls tool. You will need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for this utility, then do the following to set up the Tigerpaw price book connection:
- Determine the connection string that enables SDA to connect to the Tigerpaw database. Typically, this is found in the upper-left corner of the Tigerpaw screen, or via Tools/Options/Startup/Default Database, as below:
- Enter the connection string in row 1 and then click the “Determine Tigerpaw DB connection string” button to calculate the “fully resolved” connection string.
- Determine which field should be used to look up manufacturer part numbers. We recommend using ItemID as the manufacturer part number lookup field.
- Select the Tigerpaw cost field (LatestCost, BaseCost or AverageCost ) to pull into SDA quote files.
- If you choose something other than ItemID as the manufacturer part number lookup field – and ItemID does not contain the manufacturer part number within it – set “Perform ItemID cross-reference when exporting Tigerpaw file” to “Yes”.
- Determine whether or not pricing/costing in Tigerpaw should take precedence over that in the SDA database for pricing/costing within a quote file. Selecting “Yes” to question 7 will override the pricing/costing coming from the SDA database with the pricing/costing from the Tigerpaw database. Setting this response to “Yes” also means you will override the pricing/costing that comes from your manufacturer configuration import files, although this can be overridden if you check the “Get pricing from import file” box at the top of the Write-In tab before importing those files. Since manufacturer import files and the SDA database are usually more up-to-date than Tigerpaw, we recommend setting the answer to question 7 to “No”.
- Test the connection string by clicking the “Test Tigerpaw Connection String” button.
- Add the Tigerpaw connection string and information gathered in the steps above to your SDA database by clicking the “Add Tigerpaw info to SDA database” button.
- Close the connection tool and SDA (if open) and restart SDA. In the future, if you need to remove the information for Tigerpaw price book integration from SDA you can use this same utility and click the “Remove info from SDA database” button.
- Users access the Tigerpaw price book by clicking “Price Book” on the SDA menu (found on the Add-Ins ribbon).
- Users will build their SDA quotes as usual (generally starting by importing a .csv or Excel file from their manufacturer’s configuration tool). If additional parts need to be brought into the quote, you can search for them in either price book from this search window and then click the “Insert Selected Items into Quote” button to add them to the quote. You can select multiple items to bring into a quote by holding the Shift or Control keys while selecting the items.
Go Back To Tigerpaw CRM and SDA Integration Page