How to Quickly Get Started in SDA
How to Quickly Get Started Creating Your Proposals
- Open a new quote by double-clicking the SalesDoc Architect icon on your Desktop (or click the Architect menu, then “New Quote” if SDA is already open).
- On the Base Info tab, enter your customer contact information and select the appropriate Sale Type at the top of the tab. You’ll also want to populate the Site Description cell with descriptive information.
- Import parts configured in your manufacturer configurators (MitelCPQ, Catalyst, Anytime studio, etc.) by clicking the Add-Ins ribbon and then the type of import you want to bring in.
- On the MiscProd tab, make your selections for auto-configuring labor, adjust labor hours, or other additional options on the tab. **Tip: to see just the items that you’ve configured on the MiscProd tab use the Filter button located in the SDA Toolbar (click on Add-Ins to view).
- Adjust pricing on the Pricing tab, including using Goal Seek (on the right-hand side of the SDA toolbar) to set sell pricing, etc. Apply any discounts if applicable.
- If this tab is included with your setup, click on the Investment or Financing Tab to modify leasing or financing details.
- If you want to bring in additional parts, click the Price Book button then search for the parts that you want to bring in from either the SDA database or from Tigerpaw (when enabled).
- You can access and include any optional tabs for your company by clicking the Get Tabs button in the SDA toolbar, then bringing in the appropriate tab(s) and adjusting any information you need to.
- Generate a proposal by and clicking the Outputs button on the SDA toolbar, then select “Generate proposal”.
- Generate other types of outputs – like statements of work and work authorization forms – by clicking the Outputs button and selecting them.
- Re-use entered contact information for a new quote by opening an existing quote file, then clicking the Architect button, then New Quote based on current.
Go Back to Tip Sheets for Common Issues Main Page